The pandemic changed a lot of things in the world. In a pandemic, the most important problem that everyone faces is to interact or communicate virtually. People explored the virtual world the most during the pandemic phase. To help people stay productive, the government came up with many types of government aid programs.
Emergency Broadband Benefits free tablet program is an initiative taken by the government for life-changing virtual support to low-income households.
Table of Contents
- What Is An Emergency Broadband Benefit Free Tablet?
- How Does The Emergency Broadband Benefit Work?
- Who Qualifies for the Emergency Broadband Benefit?
- How To Apply For An Emergency Broadband Benefits Free Tablet?
- Which Areas Does Emergency Broadband Benefit Cover?
- Emergency Broadband Benefit Free Tablet Providers?
- How Long Will The EBB Last?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is An Emergency Broadband Benefit Free Tablet?
The Emergency Broadband Benefits Tablet helps people enter the internet or virtual world with discounted internet packages. The government aid program supports people to get internet access in less time if they qualify for it. You can also try your luck for the free tablet with food stamps.
Emergency Broadband Benefits Free Tablet Plans
It’s not possible for people to get internet access without a phone, laptop, or tablet. Cell phones are not suitable for professional work or study purposes.
Therefore, the federal government added one more plan to the Emergency Broadband benefits. The qualified people will get Emergency Broadband Benefits with free tablets but under some conditions.
How Does The Emergency Broadband Benefit Work?
The concepts of this EBB free tablet plan have few similarities with the free cell phone services introduced by the government. With the help of this Emergency Broadband Benefits plan, people can get a discount of around $50 on their monthly internet packages.
If people or households qualify, then a one-time discount can get provided to the households for buying a tablet (or desktop computer). For availing of both free tablets and internet benefits, one household is eligible at one time.
Read Also: How to get free government tablets?
Who Qualifies for the Emergency Broadband Benefit?
There are various provisions that people need to satisfy for qualifying the benefits of Emergency Broadband Benefits Free tablet services.
The conditions are based on the income, condition of households, conditions of service providers, and many other factors. Let’s understand each of the conditions in a comprehensive manner.
- Income : People should not have an income of more than 135 percent of the current poverty guideline. People should check the current poverty rates of their state by visiting the website of the service providers.
- Federal Assistance Programs : There are some government aid programs that help people with low income. If you are a participant of this type of program then you can easily show your low-income status for qualifying for the Emergency Broadband Benefits free tablet program.
- Federal Pell Grant : Anybody who has received the Federal Pell Grant can qualify for the EBB free tablet program. The Federal Pell Grant is for the students who have not completed their graduation.
- Conditions of Service Providers : The conditions and eligibility criteria of service providers are not similar. You can check all the eligibility criteria and conditions of service providers on their online websites.
- Loss of Income : People who have lost their income after the end of February 2020. People need to check the exact income loss limit for qualifying for the EBB program. You need to provide original evidence for qualifying the program.
How To Apply For An Emergency Broadband Benefits Free Tablet?
There are some steps that you should take to apply for the Emergency Broadband Benefits Free Tablet. These steps are:
Step 1 – Choose the service provider before applying. As not every service provider provides EBB facilities.
Step 2 – Visit the online websites of the service providers or government agencies to know if you would qualify or not.
Step 3 – You have to visit the website to apply online. Visit the “Get Emergency Broadband” benefits website. There you will get all the instructions for further online applications. If applying online is difficult for you then go for mail options. You can apply by sending it directly to the authorities.
Step 4 – The last step is to apply for the approval of your application. The concerned authorities will contact you if you get qualified for the benefits.
Which Areas Does Emergency Broadband Benefit Cover?
All the states of the United States can avail the benefits of Ebb-free tablets. Wondering what tablets are available on the emergency broadband benefit? We got you covered! The tablets are similar to the Qlink wireless tablets. If you qualify then you may also get the following:
- Huawei MediaPad T3
- Huawei MediaPad T5
- Amazon Fire 7
- Lenovo Tab E10
- Lenovo Smart Tab M10
- Apple iPad 10.2
Emergency Broadband Benefit Free Tablet Providers?
Some of the reliable and trustworthy Emergency Benefits Free Tablet Providers are the following :
How Long Will The EBB Last?
There is no such clarity about the lasting time of the Emergency Broadband Benefit-free tablet program. It was introduced during the beginning of covid 19 pandemics. It may end after the pandemic is gone or over. All the participants may receive short notice about the ending of the plan for at least one month from the government.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I get a tablet with the EBB program?
You can get the tablet by visiting the online website of the eligible states. Almost all the states provide the benefits.
Are lifeline and EBB the same?
No, EBB is different from lifelines programs. Emergency Broadband Benefits provides more benefits than lifelines.
Can I get a lifeline and EBB?
Yes, only if you qualify for both.
How do I get an emergency broadband benefit free tablet?
You can get the EBB free tablet by filling out the online form on websites. You have to fulfill the conditions for claiming EBB-free tablet benefits.
How do I get my laptop through the EBB program?
You have to apply for a laptop by visiting the online websites. If you qualify for a laptop then the providers will contact you after approval. You can get the laptops at an affordable or discounted price from the service providers.
In today’s world, affording internet packages and expenses is not easy. There are many low-income people that can’t purchase internet packages on a monthly basis. Everyone can’t enter the virtual world due to various factors.
Electronic devices are the best ways to be present in the virtual world without a lot of effort. The Federal Communications Commission introduced the Emergency Broadband Benefits Free tablet plan to help people in various ways.